Sexual misconduct

October 17, 2019 - 11:15 am
PARIS (AP) — A woman has filed a legal complaint in Paris accusing a French modeling agent who was close to disgraced U.S. financier Jeffrey Epstein of sexual harassment. The Paris prosecutor's office said Thursday the woman is being questioned by investigators about her complaint against modeling...
Read More
October 15, 2019 - 12:54 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Cuba Gooding Jr. has pleaded not guilty to an indictment alleging two instances of sexual misconduct. Gooding appeared Tuesday before a judge in New York City and was released on his own recognizance. The new charge involves an alleged incident in October 2018. The defense paints it...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 28, 2019, file photo, Opera star Placido Domingo performs during a concert in Szeged, Hungary. The 78-year-old singer who rose to stardom as a tenor has been confirmed to sing the baritone title role in “Nabucco” at the Zurich Opera House this Sunday. It will be his first time performing since stepping down Oct. 2 as general director of the Los Angeles Opera and withdrawing from future performances at the company.(AP Photo/Laszlo Balogh, File)
October 12, 2019 - 9:49 am
MILAN (AP) — Even as his U.S. career seemingly winds down amid accusations of sexual harassment, opera legend Placido Domingo remains on the bill of a host of European opera houses. But cracks, even if slight, are beginning to show in his support. The 78-year-old singer who rose to stardom as a...
Read More
FILE - In this June 26, 2019, file photo, actor Cuba Gooding Jr. leaves criminal court in New York. Gooding's New York trial on groping charges is scheduled to begin Thursday, Oct. 10, after it was postponed in September after prosecutors said they were still waiting for evidence in the Oscar-winning “Jerry Maguire” star’s case. He’s pleaded not guilty to forcible touching and sexual abuse charges. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)
October 10, 2019 - 12:52 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Cuba Gooding Jr. learned Thursday that he's facing a new undisclosed charge in his sexual misconduct case, a development that came as jury selection was set to begin for his trial. At a court hearing in Manhattan, Assistant District Attorney Jenna Long revealed the charge is...
Read More
This Nov. 8, 2017 photo released by NBC shows Matt Lauer on the set of the "Today" show in New York. A woman who worked with NBC at the Sochi Olympics claims she was raped by former anchor Lauer at a hotel there, an encounter the former "Today" show host says was consensual. The woman made her claim in Ronan Farrow's book, "Catch and Kill," a copy of which was obtained by Variety. Lauer was fired by NBC in 2017 for what it called inappropriate sexual conduct. (Nathan Congleton/NBC via AP)
October 09, 2019 - 5:14 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — A woman who worked at NBC News claimed that Matt Lauer raped her at a hotel while on assignment for the Sochi Olympics, an encounter the former "Today" show host claimed was consensual. The claim outlined by Brooke Nevils in Ronan Farrow's book, "Catch and Kill," puts a name and...
Read More
New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown looks on before the start of an NFL football game against the Miami Dolphins at Hard Rock Stadium on Sunday, September 15 2019, in Miami Gardens. (David Santiago/Miami Herald via AP)
September 27, 2019 - 8:52 pm
Antonio Brown's unraveling happened nearly as quickly as his rise in the NFL. One of the most prolific receivers for a decade, the four-time All-Pro got dumped by three teams in 6 1/2 months. The New England Patriots released him last week after a second woman in 10 days accused him of sexual...
Read More
French journalist Sandra Muller gives a press conference, in Paris, Wednesday, Sept. 25, 2019. A Paris court has ruled that the woman who launched the French version of the #MeToo movement must pay 20,000 euros ($22,000) in damages and fees for defaming the man she accused of harassment. (AP Photo/Thibault Camus)
September 25, 2019 - 3:01 pm
PARIS (AP) — A Paris court ruled on Wednesday that the woman who launched the French version of the #MeToo movement must pay 20,000 euros ($22,000) for defaming the man she accused of harassment. French journalist Sandra Muller said she fears the message of the decision is "be quiet." Muller...
Read More
FILE - This May 20, 2006 file photo shows Placido Domingo acknowledging applause after performing at the Metropolitan Opera Gala honoring general manager Joseph Volpe in New York. Domingo has agreed to withdraw from all future performances at the Metropolitan Opera following accusations of sexual harassment made by women in a pair of reports by The Associated Press. The 78-year-old classical music star had been scheduled to sing the title role in the season debut of Verdi's "Macbeth" on Wednesday night, which would have been his first performance in the United States since the reports. (AP Photo/Stephen Chernin, File)
September 24, 2019 - 11:50 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — The Metropolitan Opera announced Tuesday that Plácido Domingo had agreed to withdraw from his slate of scheduled performances at the opera house following allegations of sexual harassment made by multiple women in two Associated Press stories. The opera legend indicated that he...
Read More
In this Sunday, Sept. 15, 2019, photo, New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown waits for the team's NFL football game against the Miami Dolphins to begin in Miami Gardens, Fla. \Brown was released by the Patriots on Friday, Sept. 20, after a second woman accused him of sexual misconduct. (David Santiago/Miami Herald via AP)
September 22, 2019 - 1:21 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Antonio Brown says he is finished with the NFL. In a Twitter rant on the morning his most recent team was getting ready to play without him, the former New England Patriots receiver says, "Will not be playing in the NFL anymore." He went on to take shots at other people in...
Read More
FILE - In this Wednesday, Sept. 18, 2019, file photo, New England Patriots wide receiver Antonio Brown carries his helmet during an NFL football practice in Foxborough, Mass. The Patriots released Brown on Friday, Sept. 20, 2019. (AP Photo/Steven Senne, File)
September 20, 2019 - 10:51 pm
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) — Antonio Brown was released by the New England Patriots on Friday after a second woman accused him of sexual misconduct — the third team in seven months to tire of the off-field behavior that has overshadowed his accomplishments as one of the NFL's most prolific receivers...
Read More

Pages