TV dramas

This image released by Freeform shows the cast of "Party of Five," Niko Guardado as Beto Buendia, left, Brandon Larracuente as Emilio Buendia, Elle Paris Legaspi as Valentina Buendia, foreground right, and Emily Tosta as Lucia Buendia. The reboot of the 1990s teen drama centers on a Mexican American family whose parents were deported to Mexico. (Vu Ong/Freeform via AP)
May 22, 2019 - 11:31 am
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A reboot of the 1990s teen drama "Party of Five" will center on a Mexican American family whose parents are deported to Mexico. Disney announced this month the retooled show will air on the Freeform network and will star a Latino cast. The new series is headed by the show's...
Read More
This image released by CBS shows, from left, Pauley Perrette, Jaime Camil and Natasha Leggero in a scene from the sitcom "Broke." (Sonja Flemming/CBS via AP)
May 15, 2019 - 6:44 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Broadcaster CBS is pushing the boundaries — gently — next season, as it and other networks navigate the rise of streaming. A change-of pace sitcom from "The Big Bang Theory" creator Chuck Lorre and a drama starring Edie Falco of "The Sopranos" glory will join a lineup that also...
Read More
FILE - In this Nov. 1, 2016 file photo, Michael Weatherly attends a special screening of "Doctor Strange" at AMC Empire 25 in New York. CBS is defending its handling of a sexual harassment by Weatherly, star of the drama series "Bull." CBS Entertainment President Kelly Kahl said Wednesday that Weatherly "owned" his mistake and was apologetic and remorseful. Last year, CBS reached a $9.5 million confidential settlement with actress Eliza Dushku after she alleged on-set sexual comments from Weatherly made her uncomfortable. (Photo by Andy Kropa/Invision/AP, File)
May 15, 2019 - 11:21 am
NEW YORK (AP) — CBS is defending its handling of a sexual harassment claim against "Bull" drama series star Michael Weatherly. CBS Entertainment President Kelly Kahl said Wednesday that Weatherly "owned" his mistake and was apologetic and remorseful. Last year, CBS reached a $9.5 million...
Read More
Jimmy Kimmel attends the Walt Disney Television 2019 upfront at Tavern on The Green on Tuesday, May 14, 2019, in New York. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP)
May 14, 2019 - 8:40 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — With the TV industry in flux, ABC entertainment chief Karey Burke said a goal for the network's 2019-20 schedule is something audiences might see as a gift — stability. There will be newcomers, notably Tiffany Haddish, and inevitable cancellations. But ABC said next season...
Read More
FILE - In this May 20, 2016 file photo, actor and singer Jussie Smollett attends the "Empire" FYC Event in Los Angeles. The Fox network says "Empire" will be back next year for one last season. Whether Smollett is part of it remains to be seen, Fox executives said in announcing the 2019-20 season. There is an option to have Smollett in the final sixth year but there is no plan to include him at this point, Fox Entertainment CEO Charlie Collier told a teleconference Monday, May 13, 2019. (Richard Shotwell/Invision/AP, File)
May 13, 2019 - 9:09 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — "Empire" will return for its final season this fall on Fox — with Jussie Smollett a question mark — and should count itself lucky. Fox, the lowest-rated network among the big four broadcasters, is hitting the reset button for the 2019-20 season by canceling eight shows and adding 10...
Read More
FILE - In this Sept. 17, 2018, file photo Kenan Thompson presents the award for outstanding drama series at the 70th Primetime Emmy Awards at the Microsoft Theater in Los Angeles. NBC didn't invoke its "must-see TV" 20th-century marketing slogan in announcing a renewed emphasis on sitcoms next season, but it could have. Calling comedy the "heart" of its brand, the network announced it is adding four new sitcoms to its lineup for 2019-20, with stars including Kenan Thompson of "Saturday Night Live" and sitcom veterans Fran Drescher ("The Nanny") and Steven Weber ("Mom," ''Wings"). (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File)
May 12, 2019 - 3:56 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — NBC didn't invoke its "must-see TV" 20th-century marketing slogan in announcing a renewed emphasis on sitcoms next season, but it could have. Calling comedy the "heart" of its brand, the network announced it is adding four new sitcoms to its lineup for 2019-20, with stars including...
Read More
May 02, 2019 - 9:33 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A judge on Thursday overturned a $128 million punitive damages award to the stars and producers of the long-running Fox TV show "Bones" in a dispute over profits. Judge Richard Rico's decision is a victory for the studio, 21st Century Fox, which called it a vindication. The...
Read More
FILE - In this Aug. 6, 2018, file photo, Luke Perry poses for a portrait during the 2018 Television Critics Association Summer Press Tour in Beverly Hills, Calif. A publicist for Perry says the "Riverdale" and "Beverly Hills, 90210" star has died. He was 52. Publicist Arnold Robinson said that Perry died Monday, March 4, 2019, after suffering a massive stroke. (Photo by Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP, File)
March 04, 2019 - 2:35 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Luke Perry, who gained instant heartthrob status as wealthy rebel Dylan McKay on "Beverly Hills, 90210," died Monday after suffering a massive stroke, his publicist said. He was 52. Perry was surrounded by family and friends when he died, publicist Arnold Robinson said. The actor...
Read More
FILE - In this May 16, 2016 file photo, David Boreanaz and Emily Deschanel attend the FOX Networks 2016 Upfront Presentation Party in New York. An arbitrator has ordered 21st Century Fox to pay $179 million in a dispute over profits with the stars of the long-running Fox TV show “Bones.” Boreanaz and Deschanel, the stars of “Bones” from 2005 through 2017, sued Fox in 2015, saying it denied them profits by licensing the show to Fox’s TV division and to Hulu for below-market rates. (Photo by Evan Agostini/Invision/AP, File)
February 27, 2019 - 6:56 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — An arbitrator has ordered 21st Century Fox to pay $179 million in a dispute over profits with the stars of the long-running TV show "Bones," saying Fox executives engaged in "intentional fraud and malice." The decision was reached earlier this month and revealed in a court...
Read More
FILE - In this June 7, 2017, file photo, then-FBI acting director Andrew McCabe listens during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing about the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, on Capitol Hill in Washington. A “60 Minutes” interview with fired FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe helped make the CBS news magazine one of TV’s top-rated programs. According to Nielsen figures released Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2019, “60 Minutes” drew 9.7 million viewers and was the third most-watched show last week. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon, File)
February 20, 2019 - 6:33 pm
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Fired FBI deputy director Andrew McCabe's headline-making interview on CBS' news magazine proved a TV audience grabber as well. The program ranked as the third most-watched last week with 9.7 million people tuning in, according to Nielsen figures released Wednesday. Viewership...
Read More

Pages